We’ve created a new online experience for the New City Rams organization. Here’s a “how-to” guide to get you going!
Accessing the new site – what’s the address so I can bookmark it?
There are 3 addresses that all point to the new, refreshed website. They are:
The legacy “eteamz.com” website will be archived but will not be updated. It is recommended you bookmark one of the addresses above to make sure you land on the current site.
** Our new website is also optimized for mobile – if you use an iPad or other tablet, you’ll have no issues viewing our content and using the site.
Why did you change the website?
The new website is faster, more efficient and less expensive to maintain. We should spend our time with our athletes, not maintaining our technology! It also offers functionality the old site simply couldn’t deliver, especially in searching and sharing content. Specifically, our new online home is built on the WordPress platform. If you’ve ever used or published a blog, there’s a good chance it was built with WordPress. All the content we post going forward is search engine friendly, and will make it much easier to locate information. On a visual level, the new site is more engaging and gives us better options to integrate with our Facebook and Twitter pages.
How is the information organized on the site? How do I navigate?
We’ve organized the site based on groups of visitors – parents, coaches, volunteers, etc… and by sport – football and cheer. This ensures you get to content that’s important to you very quickly. Here’s how the navigation and menus are set up at the top of each page:
In the top bar above our logo, the following pages can be accessed:
- Contact – fast reference to our email and physical address
- Coaches – during the season, coaches will have access to information they need for practices, fields and organization information
- Schedule – once practices begin, we’ll be posting schedules for the teams on this page (this will be an important page!)
- Volunteers – information on how to volunteer, and updates on volunteer scheduling will appear here
- Forms – any registration, medical or event-specific forms will be listed here at all times
- About – information about our program, organization and Board
- Archives – after our 2013 season ends, all information from the year will be archived and stored here
- Safety – good information and announcements from the Pop Warner organization about athlete safety is posted here
To the right of our logo, you’ll find the main site navigation. The following pages can be accessed:
- Home – return to the main page of our site
- Parents – all critical announcements, dates and information will be posted here
- Football – information and updates for our football program (once the season starts, individual teams will have specific pages)
- Cheer – information and updates for our cheer program (once the season starts, individual teams will have specific pages)
- News – a central location for a roundup of all critical announcements and information, updated as information is announced or needed
Many of the pages share common information – and that’s the point. We want to make sure the right information gets out quickly, and to everyone who needs to see it. Much of this content will also be reflected on our Facebook page, eliminating any conflicting messages or notifications.
Registering for updates – why is it so important?
One of the best parts of our new site is the ability to subscribe for instant updates – this means any time we post new information, you’ll get a brief email describing what was posted. This also means you don’t have to visit the site directly to get updates. Here’s how to subscribe.
On the right hand side of the page, just under the search box, you’ll see the following button:
Click on the Subscribe button and you’ll be prompted to enter your email address. That’s it! You can always edit your preferences, and your information will only be used for updates. You can also unsubscribe at any time.